On today’s episode of the Conspiracy Theories and Unpopular Culture podcast we review and analyze the horror film Hereditary! This is a movie about occult rituals and the forces that bind this dimension to another. We see practical use of ritual magic and conjuring entities for personal gain in its worst form. Films like this demonstrate the real horrors of what could happen if one takes these esoteric belief systems too far and we should take them very seriously considering the recent mainstreaming of occult practices (e.g. Harry Potter, spiritual mediums, ghost hunting, yoga, etc.).
I’ll be explaining the symbolism from the movie, meaning of the rituals, themes of occult magick, and filling in some blanks on how this relates to other theorists and topics in pop culture because hey, that’s what we do here on the Conspiracy Theories and Unpopular Culture podcast!
**HEAVY PLOT SPOILERS**
The first half of the show is free for all; with the second half available for Patreon Tier 1+ supporters.
- Ritual Magic
- Diorama mini-figures are analogous to the reality of ritual magicians controlling the universe- we saw this with the first Lego Movie.
- Ellen (Grandma’s) room had a triangle of manifestation on floor
- Book on Spiritualism in grandma’s (Ellen) collection
- Obvious references to ritual magick with the seances and conjuring entities which is actually a warning to ghost hunters
- Director Ari Aster: *Aster=Astor, Illuminati bloodline
- “I’m not tied in any way to the occult, so the research was disturbing, but I knew that I had to go there and I knew that I wanted the ritual elements of the film, which are held at a distance and you only get pieces of them, I knew I wanted them to be rooted in something real, I was lead to witchcraft manuals that are instructing people on how to cast spells and this and that.”
- Rosemary’s Baby parallels
- It’s all about birthing the moonchild
- Eulogy at funeral: so many strange new faces- indicates there was a large following in this cult
- Annie says “she had private rituals, private friends.”
- Meaning for names on walls: Satony, Zazas, Liftoach Pandemonium
- Kenneth Grant’s Magickal Revival describes it as a portal to Hell:
- “The traditional formula for opening infernal regions is: Zazas, Zazas, Nasatanada Zazas. By this spell Adam was reputed to have opened the gates of Hell. Hell is the concealed place- the hole or hall of the dead; the “dead” being the forgotten images our past selves which respond to the incantation and resurrect in the flesh of the present.”
- Kenneth Grant’s Magickal Revival describes it as a portal to Hell:
- Liftoach Pandemonium:
- Hebrew for “open” along with the chaotic capital of Hell in Paradise Lost
- Paimon symbol has three 6’s in it
- It’s the symbol for Paimon
- Peter’s classroom is talking on Greek mythology and Sophocles
- Mythology of Iphigenia (princess as a blood sacrifice)
- Ancient Greek culture is critical to the core beliefs of occultism. Pythagoras and Hermeticism (written by Hermes Trismegistus or Thoth; the god of magic).
- Cathy O’Brien, MKULTRA and abuse in the form of aliens and ghosts
- Whitley Strieber also was abused by entities that could fall into this category as well (The Boy in the Box).
The full show (for Patreon Tier 1 and up supporters) goes deeper with bonus content:
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (Grandma was trying to put a spirit into son’s body)
- Actress Toni Collette was in Showtime show about DID character called United States of Tara
- Project MONARCH in Trance-Formation of America:
- “Project Monarch was a mind-control operation which was “recruiting” multigenerational incest abused children with Multiple Personality Disorder for its genetic mind-control studies.“
- Channeling Lucifer
- Paimon is one of the kings of Hell
- The “Babalon Working” ritual was to manifest a spirit through Marjorie Cameron; she also went crazy and attempted suicide
- Paimon appears in Samuel Mathers’ book Lesser Key of Solomon:
- “PAIMON. – The Ninth Spirit in this Orderis Paimon, a Great King, and very obedient unto LUCIFER. He appeareth in the form of a Man sitting upon a Dromedary with a Crown most glorious upon his head. There goeth before him also an Host of Spirits, like Men with Trumpets and well sounding Cymbals, and all other sorts of Musical Instruments. He hath a great Voice, and roareth at his first coming, and his speech is such that the Magician cannot well understand unless he can compel him. This Spirit can teach all Arts and Sciences, and other secret things. He can discover unto thee what the Earth is, and what holdeth it up in the Waters; and what Mind is, and where it is; or any other thing thou mayest desire to know. He giveth Dignity, and confirmeth the same. He bindeth or maketh any man subject unto the Magician if he so desire it. He giveth good Familiars, and such as can teach all Arts. He is to be observed towards the West. He is of the Order of Dominations.13 He hath under him 200 Legions of Spirits, and part of them are of the Order of Angels, and the other part of Potentates. Now if thou callest this Spirit Paimon alone, thou must make him some offering; and there will attend him two Kings called LABAL and ABALI , and also other Spirits who be of the Order of Potentates in his Host, and 25 Legions. And those Spirits which be subject unto them are not always with them unless the Magician do compel them. His Character is this which must be worn as a Lamen before thee, etc.”
- Paimon’s purpose is to serve as the facilitator of the Faustian pact- as is evident with a specific part in the film
Images Discussed on the Show
New Thoughts Since the Podcast
William left an interesting comment below, so I went researching and noticed Ari Aster’s website had a CURIOUS image on its logo…
Here’s that clip William speaks of (in the comments below):
“I just have all this sickness inside of me and I want to put it in into everybody else.” -Ari Aster (as per Alex Wolff)
Finally- here’s the show!
If you like the show and want to give your support (*as well as that free download of my latest book that explains the entire scope of the “Illuminati” agenda with citations from occult literature; THE DARK PATH) become a Patreon Supporter! (**Tier 1 and up get access to the bonus content and full episodes through that private RSS feed)
Website publisher of IlluminatiWatcher.com and top 5% Amazon author of THE DARK PATH; Isaac Weishaupt has been on the leading edge of conspiracy theories surrounding the elusive “Illuminati” and its infiltration of the entertainment industry. Using examples of familiar pop culture and works of entertainment, Isaac has been speaking and writing about the occult from a unique perspective that seeks to understand the big agenda while helping others along the way.
Isaac hosts the “Conspiracy Theories and Unpopular Culture” podcast (supported by the IW Patreons) as well as being the monthly Illuminati expert on BLACKOUT Radio. He has been a featured guest on Dave Navarro’s “Dark Matter Radio,” Richard C. Hoagland’s “Other Side of Midnight”, SIRIUS/XM’s The All Out Show, The HigherSide Chats, Freeman Fly’s “The Free Zone”, Mark Devlin’s “Good Vibrations”, VICE, COMPLEX magazine, and many more radio shows and podcasts. His fresh perspective and openly admitted imperfections promotes the rational approach to exploring these taboo subjects and conspiracy theories.